To celebrate Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi), Embassy of India, Addis Ababa, in collaboration with the Indian Medical Professionals Forum (IMPF), Addis Ababa, is organizing a Blood Donation Camp at the Embassy premises on Saturday, 4th October 2014, from 1000 to 1500 hrs. The Blood Donation Camp will be conducted by the Ethiopian Red Cross Society for the National Blood Bank Services.
Community members may like to take part in the Camp and donate blood. Your participation may be confirmed to the Head of Chancery of the Embassy at Tel: 011-1235545 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd October 2014.
To increase participation, please also circulate this mail to all your Indian friends and other members of the community.
Donating blood is safe and simple. It is a life saving humanitarian act which takes about 30 to 45 minutes only.
1. Please bring your identity document (Identity Card, passport, etc.).
2. Donor to be in the age range of 18 to 65 years and above 45 kg. weight.
3. Donor to be free from Transfusion Transmissible Infections, Diabetic or Hypertension or any chronic medical condition.
4. Donor should not be taking any prescribed drugs, pregnant, lactating mothers, epileptic patient, with widespread skin lesion, etc.
5. Last donation made at least 3 months prior.