Employment visas are issued to skilled and qualified professionals or persons, who are engaged or appointed by companies, organizations and economic undertakings as technicians, technical experts and senior executives Employment Visa can be obtained on furnishing appointment letter from India and the original “Employment Contract” between the applicant and the employer along with a photocopy. The period of the visa will depend on the validity of the contract limited to a maximum of 5 years.
Documents requirement along with application form:
- Employment Contract signed between the Employer and the Employee indicating salary, which should be more than US$25000 per year.
- Request letter from the Indian company addressed to the Embassy of India Addis Ababa.
- Applicants of Non-Ethiopian nationality should be permanent resident with work permits in Ethiopia for more than two years.
- For honorary work with NGO, proof of employment with NGO registered in India and registration papers of NGO based in India.
- All documents issued by Ethiopian companies or authorities should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Two photographs.
- Copy of passport.