Attestation of Marriage Certificate
Question: How to get a marriage certificate attested?
Answer: Personal presence of either of the spouse, with the following documents:
- Valid passport in original of the spouse present at the Embassy.
- 2 passport Passport photocopies (first / last and valid visa page) of both the spouses.
- Marriage certificate issued in India, original and photocopy of the marriage certificate attested by:
- Notary public of the district concerned
- Home department of the concerned state/ union territory.
- Ministry of External Affairs, Delhi or its Branch Secretariats located in Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Guwahati.
- Marriage certificate issued in Ethiopia needs to be attested by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Marriage certificate issued in other country needs to be attested by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate in that country
- NO FORM IS REQUIRED