“Document Requirement for Medical/ Medical Attendant Visa
- Hard copy of duly filled on-line application Â form along with Â two photographs (2”X2” ) size
- Diagnosis of ailment from local hospital and referral letter.
- Medical Invitation/endorsement letter along with e-mail forwarded from Indian hospital/doctor mentioning treatment duration, cost of treatment, passport details of the patient and attendants etc.
- Hospital must email the medical invitation/endorsement letter onÂ email@example.comÂ Â from their officialÂ E-Mail IDsÂ mentioning cost of treatment. The letter should be signed by the authorized signatory of the hospital.
- Passport in original and photocopy
- Bank statement having sufficient money for treatment
- Oral polio (valid for 2 years) and yellow fever (valid for life time) vaccinations certificates (original).”
This has approval of Ambassador.
Procedure for medical treatment of foreigners who are already in India on different types of Visas other then medical visa, in case of sudden illness during their travel.
(A) Foreigners holding long duration visa ( 6 months or more)
- If the visitor is suffering from minor ailments which require only OPD consultation/ treatment, they are permitted for treatment without conversion of their original visa type to Medical visa.
- Sudden illness which requires continuous treatment of less than 180 days or to stay prerequisite period (Whichever is earlier), following things requires:-
- Should take medical certificate from government/Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)/National Accreditation Board for Hospiatls & Health care Providers (NABH)/Medical Council of India (MCI)/ Central government Health Scheme (CGHS) recognized hospitals mentioning medical condition, recommendation and duration of treatment and then approach to concerned FRRO.
- In such cases FRRO will issue Medical permit or limited duration i.e. less than 6 months or recommended duration by the hospital. Required visa fee will be charged.
- The primary or main visa will not be cancelled.
- After treatment, the primary visa shall continue to be valid for its normal duration.
- Treatment exceeding more than 6 months or stay stipulated period, the primary visa could be converted to medical visa by FRRO concerned and extended to normal medical visa. The required visa fee will be charged.
- The dependent visa may not be converted into medical/medical attendants visa, in case of principal visa holder type changed to medical visa.
- After getting fitness certificate foreigners will be allowed their activity as per primary visa subject to approval from FRRO concerned and Medical visa may be reconverted into original visa. The visa fee will be charged.
- The responsibility is fixed on individual/ concerned hospital/Clinic to intimate concerned FRRO about treatment.
(B). Foreigners holding short duration visa ( Less tha 6 months)
In such cases, the procedure as per prescribed in sub para (A) above will be applicable with the following changes.
The primary visa will be cancelled in the event of conversion of short duration Medical Visa. After acquisition of fitness certificate, foreign nationals will be granted exit.
(C). Foreigners holding X-1 visa i.e.person of Indian origin and children of an Indian citizen/ OCI card holders/ Spouse of Indian citizens/ OCI card holders
Foreigners holding “X-1, X-2 Visa and OCI card may take treatment in hospitals for any duration without converting their primary/original visas and FRRO permission not needed.