Study in India’ Education fair
- ‘Study in India’, a mega project by the Government of India under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resources (MHRD) in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs, organized ‘Study in India Education Fair’ in Addis Ababa on 15-16 March, 2019. Ten premier institutions from India participated in the fair.
- Ambassador Anurag Srivastava, Ambassador of India to Ethiopia, Djibouti and African Union inaugurated the Fair in presence of Mr. Diptiman Das, Chairman & Managing Director, EdCIL on 15 March, 2019. In his opening remarks Ambassador Srivastava emphasized the long historical association of the two countries in the education sector and called upon Ethiopian students to benefit from the opportunities available under “Study in India’ programme.
- “Study in India’ has partnered with 100+ premier Indian institutions like IIMs, IITs, NITs, private and government institutes which have been shortlisted on basis of NIRF top 100 rankings and NAAC accreditation score (3.26 out of 4). These Institutions are
offering attractive tuition fee waiver of up to 100% to deserving international students through the SII portal(www.studyinindia.gov.in).
- Meritorious students can also avail “Study in India scholarship” of up to USD 12,000 along with the fee waiver . The process of admission through “Study in India” is completely online. Interested students need to go on the website (www.studyinindia.gov.in), register, login, fill in the student information, choose courses with fee waivers in top institutions of their choice and submit their applications. After the Mock and Final Counselling rounds, chosen colleges will directly communicate with the selected candidate and will send the Allotment letter. The complete process is free of cost.
- The Study in India Education Fair, 2019 in Addis Ababa attracted over 1,200 students who were able to gain more information about educational opportunities in India for academic year 2019-20.